Welcome competitors, below you will find event information and registration forms.
The NSL United States Bodybuilding Championships is open to all amateur and professional athletes who have qualified through an NGA, NSL or UFE competition. Each competitor must have a current NGA, NSL or UFE membership card.
BALTIMORE CONVENTION CENTER (BCC)
1 West Pratt Street
CONTESTANT CHECK-IN: Thursday, October 5, 2017 (exact time and location TBD)
PREJUDGING: Friday, Oct 6th-Saturday Oct 7th, 10:00am to 5pm, BCC Expo Hall
EVENING FINALS: Saturday, October 7th, 7:00PM, BCC Grand Ballroom
All bodybuilders, classic physique and fitness competitors must bring a cd with a maximum of 60 seconds of music. If not provided, house music will be played. All physique, figure and bikini competitors will do their walk to house music
First five places in each weight class of every category will receive awards.
All overall winners will receive additional awards.
Pro winners will also receive a monetary award.
MASTERS & TEENAGE DIVISIONS
All Masters Competitors must have been born on or before Oct 5, 1977.
All Teenage Competitors on or after October 9, 1997.
Two forms of proof of Date of Birth are due at registration on October 5, 2017.
The Teenage and Masters divisions are open to all age qualified athletes. No competition qualification required for the two events.
NSL “Tested” Division Rules
NSL member athletes, both amateur and professionals, must undergo and pass a random urinalysis test when directed at a sanctioned contest in which he/she is to participate (unless a drug waiver form is presented and signed by a licensed medical professional). Urine testing will be conducted on a random basis at each Nspire Sports League (NSL) sanctioned event in the NSL “Tested” division. The NSL will select at random up to 10% of the total number of competitive athletes for random urinalysis testing. The NSL shall have strict qualifying standards for testing and retesting procedures regarding drug use for athlete participation based on the following criteria.
The following substances will be examined for in each urinalysis test/retest and are a banned substance by the NSL:
• Anabolic Steroids such as:
◦ Chloroxomesterone (dehydrochlormethyltesterone),
◦ Methandienone (methandrostenolone),
◦ Testerone, and all other related compounds.
• Growth Hormones
• Prescription Diuretics
• Depressant drugs, medications, narcotics
• Clenbuterol, or any other FDA-banned substances.
ACCEPTANCE OF TESTING RESULTS AS FINAL
All NSL member athletes must sign a liability waiver freeing the NSL, NSL Staff, Promoter, Sponsors, and all other assignees from liability regarding drug-testing. Athletes will not be allowed to compete without signing all required waiver forms. Athletes thereby accept the test results as absolute final, legally binding, and agree to abide by the results in reference to participation in any NSL sanctioned event.
DRUG TEST FAILURES
The NSL has set up the following procedures to be followed when an athlete is not able to pass the polygraph test:
• The athlete is automatically out of the competition for which he/she tested.
• The athlete has the option of taking a retest at his/her own expense in the case of a polygraph failure.
• If no retest options have been taken by the athlete, he/she will be banned from NSL “Tested” division competition (seven years for amateur and professional athletes) from that contest date.
LIST OF BANNED SUBSTANCES
The following substances and related compounds are banned by the NSL for the “Tested” division and their use constitutes grounds for dismissal from NSL competitions and suspension from membership in the organization.
• ANABOLIC STEROIDS. Including but not limited to bolasterone, boldenone, chloroxomesterone (dhydrochlormethyltesterone), clostebol, fluoxymesterone, mesterolone, methandienone (methandrostenolone), methenolone, methyltestosterone, nandrolone, norethandrolone, oxandrolone, oxymetholone, stanozolol, testerone, and all other related compounds.
• (Injections, patches, gels).
• TESTOSTERONE/EPITESTOSTERONE RATIO. The T/E ratio is used to measure the presence of exogenous testosterone, or illicit elevation of testosterone levels. A T/E ratio in excess of 6.0:1 is ruled as positive. Any substance that elevates T/E ratio above 6:1 is banned.
• GROWTH HORMONES. (PHARMACEUTICAL HGH, HCG and any other related compound). 7 Keto DHEA (July 1, 2016) – There shall be a (3) month amnesty through 2016. As of January 1, 2018 these substances shall carry a (2) year ban time frame. 7-ketodehydroepiandrosterone · 7-oxodehydroepiandrosterone · 7α-hydroxy-DHEA · 7β-hydroxy-DHEA · DHEA PRESCRIPTION DIURETICS. (Fen Phen and any other prescription weight-loss substance used for bodybuilding purposes, even when physician prescribed, are banned by the NSL) PRESCRIPTION PSYCHOMOTOR STIMULANTS (example: Amphetamines).
• MUSCLE IMPLANTS OF ANY KIND.
• CHEMICAL DRUGS FOR DECEIVING OR PASSING THE URINALYS TEST. CLENBUTEROL.
• ANY ILLEGAL OR ILLICIT BODYBUILDING DRUG OR SUBSTANCE.
• ANY FDA_BANNED SUBSTANCE EXCEPT IF OTHERWISE INDICATED.
• ANY IOC_BANNED SUBSTANCE EXCEPT IF OTHERWISE INDICATED.
*Note: DHEA, androstenedione, norandrostenedione, and all other hormone precursors may cause an elevated T/E ratio in excess of the 6:1 limit or produce the presence of nandrolone or any other banned substance in the urine, the athlete will be ruled as positive, thereby failing the test.
Crossovers are permitted between all competitions by qualified NGA, NSL and UFE athletes.
Videotaping is prohibited at the judging and the finals.
The deadline for registering to compete is September 30, 2017. Please keep in mind, because of an anticipated large line-up, some classes may be limited. It is to your benefit to register early.
Registration Deadline: September 30, 2017
In consideration of your accepting this entry, I hereby intend to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, and waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against The Nspire Sports League, Inc. (NSL), the Baltimore Convention Center, Mr. America LLC and their officials, representatives and owners, the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, the Baltimore Hilton and any and all sponsors, agents, representatives and assigns for any and all injuries and/or losses suffered by me as a result of my participation and/or attendance at the 2017 Mr. America Fitness Festival Weekend, NSL Amateur and Pro Mr. United States Bodybuilding Championships and any and all affiliated NSL competitions to be held in the Baltimore Convention Center, October 6-8, 2017.
The entry fee for each category that you wish to compete in is $150. All payments are to be by credit card and submitted at the time you submit or send in your registration form.